Creating clear and engaging copy while retaining the writer’s voice.
As a proofreader, I will comb through your laid-out text and correct the typos, misplaced punctuation, faulty grammar, and pagination errors that had gone unnoticed.
As a copyeditor, I will take the edits further—smoothing out awkward phrasing, rewording jargon, flagging inconsistencies, and querying when things don’t make sense. Copyediting can range from light to heavy, depending on the material, schedule, and budget.
Selected projects and clients:
- Catalog essays on artists such as Tarsila do Amaral, Pedro Figari, and Lucia Laguna for the Museu de Arte de São Paulo (MASP)
- San Francisco Silent Film Festival 2014–2018 program notes | website | intertitles
- Mill Valley Film Festival programs, 2011 | 2014
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive Art & Film Notes, 2004—2008, and editorial assistance on Radical Light: Alternative Film and Video in the San Francisco Bay Area, 1945–2000 (UC Press, 2010)
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, silent film intertitle translations for several films in Thanks to Henri Langlois: A Centennial Tribute (2015) | Discovering Georgian Cinema (2014–2015) | Kino-Eye: The Revolutionary Cinema of Dziga Vertov (2011) | Carl Theodor Dreyer (2010) | Julien Duvivier: Poetic Craftsman of Cinema (2009)
- Geschmack International, English language catalogs for IKEA, Pergo, Philips Sverige, Fritz Hansen, and more
- Radio Khartoum, album liner notes and press releases